Medical care is among the social amenities that need to be available for all individuals in a particular community or society. The whole community works together with the state officials to ensure and maintain a healthcare presence that can deal with most conditions affecting its people. This approach to healthcare has encouraged the development of facilities like Covington, GA primary care center. More about what this facility does in primary healthcare is discussed below.
What is Health Care?
This makes critical health care available, accessible, and acceptable to individuals in a community at the country’s and community’s expense. Its approach is different from traditional health care, which aims at social equity production policies. Primary healthcare has vital objectives and elements that encourage its implementation and comprehension.
Essential elements of Primary Health Care
There are eight known elements found in primary health care that include:
The spread of information about health issues and ways of preventing, identifying, and managing them
- Locally endemic disease prevention and control
- An expanded immunization program to fight widespread infectious ailments
- Maternal and child healthcare
This also includes family planning
Enough supply of safe and essential nutrition and food supplements
This involves both non-communicable and communicable illnesses while promoting mental health
- Safe water and Sanitization
These elements have been compounded further to include:
- Reproductive health needs
- Extended immunization options
- Health promotion
- Provision of particular food supplements and food safety
- Control and prevention of non-communicable illnesses
These elements are based on specific objectives made from national policies that enable primary healthcare development as part of the entire health system. These include:
- The favorable population growth structure
- Improvement in the quality of community healthcare
- Decrease in mortality and morbidity rates for children and infants
- Decrease in the spread of infectious, preventable, and other illnesses
- Improvement in basic sanitation
- Priority to underserved sectors when handing out essential health services
- Maximizing the contribution from different sectors of economic and social development of the society
- Developing the community’s capabilities at relying on themselves
- Participation of the community in ensuring healthcare is comprehensively administered in terms of enough distribution of trained nurses, physicians, community health workers, allied health professionals, and others in the health team at both referral and local levels.
- Primary and other care services needed to manage the leading community health problems have to be provided and distributed evenly to all people with disregard for their age, gender, urban/rural, and social class
- Implementation of up-to-date medical technology and infrastructure which are affordable, accessible, culturally acceptable, and feasible to the community
- The realization that to significantly positively influence healthcare, intervention by the formal sector is not enough; other sectors are also as vital in encouraging self reliance and health of communities
Comprehensive and continuous care for patients is the main aim of primary healthcare systems. Every individual in the community can access various services without prejudice. This promotes healthcare in underprivileged areas of society. For any primary healthcare questions, check out our website, or call our offices in Covington, GA.